In the past, users may have logged in to LotWorks using a shared/group account (ex. CommunityName@Builder.com). This allowed a single showhome or design group to share access to LotWorks without each user having their own username and password.
When using LotWorks, it is strongly recommended that each user have their own account. There are a few reasons for this, including:
- Accurate tracking of events (who did what and when).
- Disabling of individual accounts if that user is no longer active with a company, and
- User access (using LotWorks Account) in other communities and systems.
If a personal email address is used, this allows the user to setup their own accounts across different communities and LotWorks Systems.
Can shared accounts still be used?
Shared accounts may still be preferable for a builder design team, and to ease the transition for existing users to LotWorks Account.
If you're going to continue to use a shared account (ex. email@example.com) please also:
- Create individual user profiles under this shared account. This allows for improved history for who is actually submitting designs, etc.
- Update your password should individuals with access to that account leave the company.
NOTE: If a shared account is used, this account will not be visible to the user if they're logged in under their own personal LotWorks Account.
Please keep in mind that users of shared accounts will want to coordinate with the other users of this account to ensure that the shared password is kept confidential, and updated