Please confirm with your Land Developer if you have any questions.
Welcome to LotWorks, an online software application designed to provide land developers and builders with real-time lot status, inventories and detailed information right at their fingertips.
All Information entered into LotWorks is completely secure, and will only be accessible by your Land Developer and your Builder. Other builders will never be able to view or otherwise access your information.
This section contains a general overview of LotWorks, what you can do, and where to find it.
How to Login
- LotWorks can be accessed by going to your Land Developer's login portal.
- Typically, this is the Land Developer name followed by lotworks.ca (ex. http://name.lotworks.ca).
- If you don’t have an account, please contact your Land Developer.
- If you’ve forgotten your username and/or password, click the “Forgot Your Password?” link.
This is the first page that is seen upon logging in, and displays the modules and menus where the user account has access. It's a quick overview of the lots you should be paying attention to, and the ones that may require immediate action.
- To load the LOT MAP, click the Map button in the top left corner. This button allows you to toggle between the Maps and Data views of LotWorks.
- Please see our full LotWorks Maps Guide for more information.
- Click your username (top-right) to modify your personal information and password.
- Click on the Land Developer logo to return to your dashboard.
- The Library links provide quick access to relevant guideline documents and map PDFs.
- The Lot links show a list of all builder-owned lots with the relevant status.
- The Home “... Required” links list the lots that require those details to be entered.
Lot Details (Dashboard)
- The Lot Details view shows all available information about a lot, including price, dates, sales agreements and home buyers.
- This view can be accessed by selecting the lot from any of the list views, or by clicking “View Lot Details” from the dropdown menu within LotWorks Maps.
Use the map to search, filter, and explore Land Developer’s communities. Click on individual lots for an infowindow pop-up to be displayed, with details and an available options dropdown menu.
To view lots, click on the desired community, then phase, or just zoom into the area you’d like to see.
To search for individual lots within the Map view, enter a civic or legal address into the Search bar.
- The Map button can be used for seamless switching between Dashboard and LotWorks Maps views. Your current map view and selected filters will be saved.
- The Search Bar across the top of the page allows users to jump to specific lots, phases, or communities. Start typing in your search, and the search bar will prompt you with the 3 closest results, plus an option to submit your info to Google (option will always have Google "g" icon).
- The Print (top right) button will generate a custom two-page PDF including a best-guess approximation of your current map view, and a data summary of the selected lots.
- The Location Filter (top left) button not only jumps and zooms to a location but also filters the map to the selected community/phase. Click again to remove the active filter.
- The Advanced Filter (top - bottom left) button contains many options for filtering your view.
- The Layers (middle - bottom left) button allows view options by turning on/off map images.
- The Legend (bottom - bottom left) button toggles on/off the current map legend.
- The Data Summary (bottom right) is used for viewing a summary of the current lot view. By pressing the “Export Lots” button, users will be able to view/download a list of those lots as well.
Left-to-Right: Location Filter, Advanced Filter, Layers, Legend, Data Summary
Lot InfoWindow (Maps)
Clicking on a lot will bring up the Lot’s Infowindow. This is similar to the Lot Details view, and provides a user with general information about the lot.
- The dropdown “-select-” menu will list all available lot actions that can be taken by the user.
- Selecting “View Lot Details” will open the Lot Details view in the Dashboard.
- Users can switch between Lot and Home tabs to see the associated information about the lot.
Lot Holds and Sales
- Available (green) lots may be placed on hold by builders. Your Land Developer reserves the right to reject or remove the hold.
- Builders may only place holds on lots within phases they are permitted to build on. If a builder places a hold on a lot they do not have access to, it will be rejected.
- Lot Holds will expire automatically after 14 days unless an agreement request, or a hold extension request, has been submitted to your Land Developer via email during regular business hours.
- Your Land Developer also reserves the right to modify the Lot Hold Policy as required.
To Hold a Lot
- Click on an available lot from the lot map, and select “Hold Lot” from the drop down menu.
- Click “Submit Lot Hold” to submit your hold on this lot.
- You will receive an automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Remove a Hold (Dashboard)
- Find the lot under “Hold Requested” or “Hold Approved”
- Click on the Magnifying Glass to see the Lot’s Details.
- Click “Remove Hold”.
To Remove a Hold (Map)
- Find the lot using the Search bar (or pan-zoom).
- Click on the Lot to see the Lot’s InfoWindow.
- Click “Remove Hold” from the dropdown menu.
To Request a Lot Sale Agreement
- The process for requesting agreements will remain offline.
- When a builder is ready to purchase a lot, an request must be sent to the Land Developer via email.
Add Buyers / Spec Homes
Before a lot can proceed with architectural design submissions, it must have either a home buyer or spec home on the lot.
- If a Lot has a Home but no Buyer: The lot will appear as a SPEC (purple) home on the Map. Buyer information should be entered when the lot is sold to a third-party Home Buyer.
- If a Lot has a Home and a Buyer: The lot will appear as SOLD (red) on the Map.
Builders can move any of their Builder Inventory lots to Spec or Sold by clicking the “Add Home Buyer” button from the Lot Details or from the Map InfoWindow. “Remove Home Buyer” can be used to reset the status back to BUILDER INVENTORY (blue) on the Map.
Home Buyer information is confidential and can only be viewed by your Land Developer and the Builder.
Add a Home Buyer or Spec Home (Map)
- Click on the lot from the map, and select “Add Home Buyer” from the drop down menu.
- Enter Home Buyer information by clicking “Edit” next to Home Buyer 1 and Home Buyer 2.
- SPEC HOME: Alternately, use the “Spec Home/Showhome” checkbox if there is no buyer.
- Click “Continue” to submit the information.
Add a Home Buyer (Dashboard)
- Click on the ‘Lot Draw Assigned’ link on your Dashboard, and select your lot from the list.
- Click “Add Home Buyer” button and follow steps 2-4 as above.
For a quick list of all Spec Homes that can have buyers added to them:
- Click the “Home Buyer Information Required” link.
- Click “Add Home Buyer” next to the desired lot, and enter the available details.
For more detailed questions and guides on LotWorks, please search the LotWorks Help Center. There are many additional guides, tips and FAQs. Please use the keyword search above as your first step to browse the articles.