Holding a Lot
- Available (green) lots are lots owned by the land developer, and may be placed on hold.
- Builder Inventory (blue) lots are owned by the builder and cannot be held except with a Third Party Hold.
- Buyer information and an image of the deposit cheque is required by most developers.
- The developer reserves the right to reject/remove the hold. The builder will be notified by LotWorks if this were to occur.
To Hold a Lot
- Click on an available lot from the Lot Map, and select Hold Lot.
- Enter Home Buyer information by clicking Edit next to Home Buyer 1 and Home Buyer 2.
- Attach an image or PDF of the customer’s deposit cheque.
- Click Submit Lot Hold to submit your hold on this lot.
- The Developer will respond with a confirmation or rejection notification.
The uploaded deposit cheque can be viewed on the Hold page for the lot and will be deleted from the system if the hold expires.
Unless a lot is purchased, Lot Holds will expire automatically after 21 days. This can vary depending on the individual settings of your Land Developer.
48 hours prior to expiry, the builder will be sent a reminder notification that the hold will expire, and the next step (Purchase Request) should be taken.