Inspections provide both the Land Developer and the builder with a way to verify the conditions on a lot at the time of purchase. Failure to submit an inspection will be taken by the land developer to mean that there are no damages or issues with the lot.
What do I do?
- It's a very simple process that begins by logging into your LotWorks system.
- For a username and password, please contact your Land Developer.
NOTE: For the below days, TYPICAL values are used. For your exactly "# of days" and other conditions to submit, please contact your Land Developer.
For Initial Inspections, the form is available 1 day after the Initial Deposit has been received. Builders will have 21 days to complete the inspection by noting any damages or issues.
When you login, focus on...
- The Initial Inspection Pending lots on your Dashboard. These lots require immediate attention. Click the link to be taken to a list of those lots.
- Click on the magnifying glass to be taken to the lot’s Inspection Information window. At the bottom of the page click "Submit Initial Inspection" to complete the inspection.
- Fill out the form with as much information as possible. Photos are required if damage is reported. Once you've completed the form, click "Submit".
For Final Inspections, the form will be available 120 days after design approval. Once triggered, builders may need to REQUEST an inspection to be performed by the Land Developer. Any required documents will be provided by your Surveyor, Municipality, or Land Developer.
When you login, focus on…
- The Final Inspection Pending lots on your dashboard. These lots are ready for Final Inspection, and are pending a request from the builder.
- Once a Final Inspection has been requested, the Land Developer will complete the inspection of the House, Lot, and Landscaping.
- If approved, the Security Deposit may be cleared for release back to the builder.
Make sure to keep your email information up-to-date, and to check your inbox regularly for LotWorks notification emails.