The information contained within this article is intended for a technical audience, and refers to embedding public maps onto a website.
- Maps are loaded onto websites using an <iframe> tag. Width, Height, and other standard iframe tag options can be used.
- The recommended implementation to add styling is to add rules to a CSS file, and wrap a <div> with the set style around the <iframe> map tag.
<iframe id="lwIframe" src="https://ibsmaps.lotworks.ca/maps/ravenscrest/tsd/"
style="border: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%;"></iframe>
We only serve our maps securely over HTTPS. Please ensure that your website is HTTPS compatible otherwise you will receive an error and the map will not load.
Custom Embed Options
Auto-fit Content (autofit)
LotWorks will automatically determine the best centering and zoom level. The #autofit hash parameter can be used if a custom autofit is required.
- autofit=1 - Fit to the phases with a small buffer. This is the default.
- autofit=tight - This will load the minimum amount of additional area while showing all of the lots.
Zoom Level (zoom)
DISCLAIMER: Although we provide the option, we don't recommend using custom zoom rules for standard embedding. LotWorks Maps have been built to automatically fit content based on different display sizes and using a custom zoom rule may negatively affect this.
- zoom=1-20 - Google Maps zoom level. Defaults to best-fit zoom if not used.