The information contained within this article is intended for a technical audience, and refers to embedding public maps onto a website.
- Maps are loaded onto websites using an <iframe> tag. Width, Height, and other standard iframe tag options can be used.
- The recommended implementation is to add styling to a CSS file, and wrap a <div> with the set style around the <iframe> map tag.
- Center and zoom lot view based on lots in community and browser window size.
- If visible lots belong to a single phase, center and zoom view to display only that phase.
- If visible lots belong to multiple phases, center and zoom view in a bounding box around that view.
Default Scroll Behaviour
- Always: On all maps, touch gestures including two-fingers-to-pan and pinch-to-zoom work.
- Embedded: When placed onto a webpage, mouse scrolling scrolls the webpage only. Ctrl-scrolling works on the map (a helpful tip is displayed).
- Full Screen: If the map is viewed at full screen, mouse scrolling and single-finger-to-pan work.
Direct Links to Lots
http://developername.lotworks.ca/maps/communityname/?lotaddress=42 BlueRidge Dr
Security certificates require additional development but can be provided upon request. There is an additional one-time cost for the setup of a security certificate. It will apply for all communities by the same land developer.
Custom Implementation Options
Auto-fit Content (autofit)
- autofit=0 - Disables best-fit code based on browser window size.
- autofit=1 - Default behaviour. Uses LotWorks to determine centering and zoom level.
Zoom Level (zoom)
- zoom=1-20 - Google Maps zoom level. Defaults to best-fit zoom if not used.